Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On Week 7: First LEG Day of the Week!

I completed Day 44: LEGS! Whoo-hoo!!! There is no cardio on leg days, but those 60+ minute long  workouts surely kick my butt! I just know that after dinner tonight my legs are gonna feel the SORENESS! (Yup, I know it; it always happens on leg days, right after dinner.)

My workouts just keep on getting tougher and tougher; they really do and I am loving it!  Having said that, I know that I am getting stronger and stronger because I always follow through each time. Well, I should say, for the most part. If I don't complete one exercise or just one set it's because of lack of time-- not drive!

I had said in yesterday's post that "if I only stopped eating peanut butter" I would get leaner. Well, it's true, I can get leaner if I want to. With more muscle I will get leaner. I want to improve my physique by adding more muscle mass to my frame. 

After my workout this morning I felt skinny (yet tone) and I realized that in order for me to grow the muscle mass I SO desire, I need to increase my daily caloric intake. In order to grow, I need to provide my muscles the amino acids they need to recuperate after being torn from consistently tough and rigorous workout sessions.

I decided that I will have (Bret's) PB if it's in our fridge. I'll have a slice of Ezekiel bread and an extra banana, too, if I am in the mood. (I will know I'm in the mood because I am aware of when my body tells me it needs more food. My tummy growls and it tells me it's hungry all the time!)

After the gym, I had my green smoothie; After the smoothie, I showered; After I showered I had this treat! Yum!

For lunch (4pm) I had a salad with all these goodies: spinach, red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, green pepper, onions, tomato, sunflower seeds, and amaranth (and a dressing with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, agave and sesame seeds)! It was packed with amino acids, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, fiber, water, quality protein, complex carbohydrates and essential fats!

I told myself that if I completed today's work, I'd go to the farmer's market to get me some kale. I got 97% done with my lit review today, yay!!! Now I'm going to put on my contacts, wear a little blush and mascara, and walk to the farmer's market just before they close and sample me some yummy persimmons! :-D

Love,

Bea

P.S. Tonight I'm going to try to go to bed earlier so that I can give my body the rest it needs to recuperate, grow and thrive! I am already ready for tomorrow's chest, abs and cardio workout-- but I need to catch enough ZZZ's to perform like a freak at the gym tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment