Monday, November 19, 2012

Chickpea "Noodle" Soup

I am just running out of ideas for dinner and sometimes I have to look recipes. This is what we had on Friday night: Chickpea "Noodle" Soup; I got this idea from the Vega Blog.


I didn't have all the ingredients the recipe called for, so I made added what I had:


Bake to 350 degrees for 40 minites
  • 2 celery stalks (these were the last ones I had, that is why they are not green :/
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 medium roma tomatoes
  • A few leaves of parsley
  • 1 inch ginger, minced
  • (Instead of kale, I used) 4 leaves of rainbow chard and cut the stems
  • 1 baked sweet potato cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1/2 baked butternut squash, then cut to pieces
  • 2 cups of vegetable broth
  • I was already cooking about 2 cups of garbanzo beans in another pot
 Directions: 

 1. Sautee onion, garlic, ginger, celery and add red pepper flakes (or chopped  jalapeno pepper)

2. Add chopped stems and cook for 1 and a half minutes; season with salt, pepper or lemon pepper (with already has salt and pepper :)


 3. Add vegetable broth, let it cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the sweet potato and butternut squash; add parsley

4. Turn down the heat and add copped rainbow chard leaves, cover for a minute until leaves wilt 

5. Add the chickpeas when you'd like (Mine had just cooked and they were steaming hot!)

Chickpea "Noodle" Soup is ready!

Oops, I forgot to add the tomatoes. We sprinkled some lemon juice to the soup and it tasted even better! You have to try this recipe--it's easy and quick to make! Bret and I loved it! 

The more plants I eat, the more plant-powered I become and more creative I get!  :)

Love,

Bea





No comments:

Post a Comment