Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Weekend Set-Back Turned into a Comeback!

After a (Thanksgiving) weekend of sweet and salty indulgences and eating out I felt bloated on Saturday and Sunday :/ I took Sunday off to rest my body and did not have a green smoothie -- I was not feeling my best and was ready for Monday to get back to my routine! Jamie Eason's LiveFit Trainer - Phase 3

Yesterday I started Phase 3 of the LiveFit Trainer! I'm on week 9! I walked to the L.A. Fitness on La Cienega Blvd. because the one by my house is closed for renovation until January 9th! The walk to the gym took me 40 minutes, wow! I got there pretty late in the day: 5pm. At that time, the gym is like a zoo! All the people get off work and hit the gym, so there's major people traffic, ugh.



Anyway, I worked on quads and calves (you can see my workout here) and it was a very tough workout! I thought I could do it and I did complete it, but it was tough! I think it was harder on me because it was later in he day and my energy levels were lower. My legs were jiggling by the end of my workout but it felt so good to have done my workout! My friend Jada gave me a ride back home so I didn't have to walk in the dark, plus, I was pooped and without energy.


Last night for dinner we had whole wheat pasta with a marinara sauce I made from scratch (Just sauteed onions, garlic, added 2 ripe chopped tomatoes, 1/3 cup vegetable broth and 1/4 cup tomato paste, mushrooms then blended together). I also had a large spinach salad, topped with veggies (carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives), and roasted Brussels sprouts on the side. For dessert I had 1 candy aunt Leila brought me from Italy and a few almonds.
 
 
I was so tired last night I went to bed by 9:40pm, but it took me longer than usual to fall asleep. I think it may have been because I worked out later in the day and my body hadn't winded down. In the middle of the night I kept on waking up, I was restless. These symptoms are letting telling me that there is something going on!

What a difference of eating healthy and working out makes one day (yesterday) makes! This morning I woke up feeling energized! Weird (after not having slept that well)! I drank 3 cups of water with a few drops of ACV and stretched lightly. My body was not bloated anymore! I felt tight and toned and my skin felt healthy and was glowing. I guess I am not usually aware of what and how my skin feels in the early morning, but being self-aware was a great feeling!

It's interesting how once you adopt good habits your body reacts to unhealthy eating and inactivity. I was carrying too much water (because of the extra calories, fat water and sugar I had eaten) and therefore I felt heavier and bloated.

What I experienced this past weekend was just a small set-back that reminded me how awful I feel when I don't take good care of myself. After just one day back into my routine, my body now feels awesome and I am ready to continue this week! Four more weeks until I finish my fitness program! Here I go!


Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment