Thursday, November 15, 2012

Enchiladas for Dinner Two Nights in a Row This Week!

I made enchiladas for dinner the night before last night and last night!

On Tuesday (11/13) before going to the Farmer's Market I went to Trader Joe's to get some ingredients I needed to make enchiladas. You'll see them in the picture below:


I really could have made my own ingredients right at home, but I ended up spending $12 : /

I use TJ's enchilada sauce--it's pretty good, but it has all these ingredients though, ugh. At least I can pronounce them and they are not too crazy.
Used 1/4 cup water, 1 cup of vegetable stock and added half of the enchilada sauce container and bright to a boil, then set aside
In a pan I grilled 1/2 an onion and 2 garlic cloves; 1/2 can the black beans; 1/2 cup roasted corn (frozen); 4 peeled tomatoes (canned); seasoned with lemon pepper. Oops, later I added 1/2 a chopped green bell pepper--I almost forgot

Heated pan for 2 minutes, then "fried" 7 corn tortillas (one at a time) with olive oil spray


Let the tortilla cool for a few seconds, then I placed 2 spoonfuls of the beans and veggies I had grilled and rolled it with love :)

I placed the enchiladas in my cake baking dish, LOL! I really need to get me something a little baking dish for food!

Poured the boiled sauce on the enchiladas making sure they were very wet

I had already pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees and I placed the enchiladas and baked for 15 minutes



Rainbow chard!

Separate the stems from the leaves and cut into pieces

Grilled 1/2 onion and 2 garlic cloves on medium heat for 1 minute, then added the chopped stems for 3 minutes

Cut the leaves in strips

After the stems cooked, threw in the chopped leaves, squeezed juice from 1 lemons, added 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, sprinkled lemon pepper and  and let it cook for 1-2 minutes!

We had enchiladas for dinner on Tuesday and Wednesday nights! They were so good, and the olives gave it a yummier taste!
We use Daiya "cheeze" to top the enchiladas

This was my dinner plate! ...I know, it doesn't look that appetizing...I think I need to work on my food presentation skills, need a better camera for taking pictures of my food and cook the veggies/greens a little less. Nevertheless it sure was a fun, filling and delicious dinner!


Hmmm... I wonder what I'll make for dinner tonight?

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment