Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Public Health is Prevention, I love it!

 
I am a natural. I feel I was born to become a public health advocate and educator. Public health makes every sense in the world to me.

My heart and mind control my thoughts, but my body executes these thoughts into behaviors. These behaviors then contribution to the growth of my spirit. I am a person who breaths, eats, sleeps, walks, talks, and lives public health.

Public health is prevention. Essentially, I am on "prevention" mode the (vast) majority of the time in many areas of my life. My family and people who know me well will tell you that is true!

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." 
~Benjamin Franklin

"Prevention is better than cure." 
 ~Desiderius Erasmus

"America's health care system is in crisis precisely because we systematically neglect wellness and prevention." 
~Tom Harkin

Every time I read inforgraphs, like the one below, I get so happy! I am so proud to be a student of public health. I am so excited to learn everything I can about public health!

Love,

Bea

 

No comments:

Post a Comment