Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Check out Today's Video Blog!

After my workout today I got home and decided to make this video! I hope you enjoy it and try the recipe :-)


This is how I like making my Green Smoothies using my Vitamix Blender
Makes 64 oz./ or about 2 liters
equivalent to 8 cups or 4- 16 oz. servings
  • 32 oz. water/ or 4 cups (You can also add coconut water instead, if you'd like)
  • 2 Persian cucumbers (or 1 hothouse cucumber)
  • 4 celery stalks (preferrably with leaves)
  • 2 cups of kale (12 raw leaves)
  • 1 cup of spinach or other greens (like dandelion greens or lettuce, but not chard or mustard or it'll destroy the taste!
  • 1 small bunch of parsley (I forgot to add some today :(
  • If you have it, add 1 chunk of  broccoli stalk (for added vitamin C)
  • 2 pealed kiwis
  • 2 pealed oranges
  • 2 pealed bananas
  • 4 scoops of SunWarrior raw plant protein powder
  • I prefer to add about 1 inch cube of peeled ginger root
  • For extra sweetness I'll add 1 or 2 small scoops of pure and organic Stevia 
  • Add 1-2 tablespoon per serving of ground flax or chia seeds, BUT don't blend them, only add individually to each cups right before drinking, otherwise...
    • if you add flax seeds in the blender and don't drink it immediately, it will make your smoothie gooey
    • if you add chia seeds in the blender, when you pour it into a cup many of the chia seeds will stick to the blender cup and you won't get as many :(
If you don't have a Vitamix Blender and this is TOO MUCH to fit in a regular blender, then do it in parts or just use half of the ingredients. I make his much because I like to save time by making many servings and freezing them for a few hours, then refrigerate them until they melt, ready for the next day.

I took the initiative to make Bret a green smoothy every day, otherwise he wouldn't make them himself or drink them. He takes them to work and drinks during his break or after his workouts during the weekends. By making them myself, I can be sure he has his chlorophyll, fiber, nutrients, vitamins and minerals for the day! :) 

I am always happy to make healthy food for Bret; He is my husband and will be the father of my kids one day... I want him to be as healthy as possible because I love him. 
  
This is all the trash/compost I made while preparing our smoothies! I wish I had a composting bin, but I really can't handle the sight of worms....I'm sorry. I have to figure out another way.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am making good progress on my thesis this week, especially today! So I'm going to get back to work. What keeps me on a roll definitely has to be my plant-based nutrition and the blood-pumping workouts I have, and of course the sufficient sleep I get!
Have a great day!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment