Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Thoughts this Tuesday

I almost wanna say that I'm obsessed with nutrition! But to call it an "obsession" doesn't sound right to me, so I looked up the definition. 
  • In Meriam-Webster's dictionary, obession means, having "a persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling."
My thoughts about nutrition are not disturbing, in fact, I feel elated when I think of getting food quality food in my body. I actually think about all the vitamins mineral, fiber, water and many nutrients my body needs to function at it's best-- and those thoughts bring a smile to my face and heart.
  • According to Dictionary.com, obsession means, "1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.; 2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself." 
I like this definition a little better, but it still sounds a little negative. I feel no dominion over my thoughts on food, nor that the idea is always hanging around my head every waking moment of the day.

I've practiced listening to my body and when it tells me it is hungry, I eat. This happens every 3 hours or so. If I feel hungry an hour or 2 later, I know that I am probably thirsty and I drink 1 or 2 cups of water and I'm satisfied. (I am still working on stopping when it tells me I'm full, haha!).

This afternoon as I walked to the Farmer's Market I thought, "I eat to live; but I don't live to eat." This used to be so confusing to me because it sounds like it's the same thing, but now I get it! Here is my explanation: I actually do my best to nourish, fuel, energize, hydrate my body by eating quality food so that I can live a quality life.

So I am not obsessed with food. This is just the way I chose to live :)

 I got this at the Farmer's Market today for $16.50. So many greens, I love it!
Organic:
  • red chard
  • dandelion greens
  • dinosaur kale
  • 5 lbs. of avocados 
Conventional:
  • 3 plums
  •  mint leaves
  •  small ginger root
We didn't cook a huge dish for dinner this Tuesday night, so we just made a huge salad and added what we already had in the fridge. Mmm, mmm, mmm...dinner was so good and filling, I even had a more Brussels spots afterwards!
  • Salad: bed of spinach, arugula, shredded carrots and pumpkin seeds 
  • Salad topping: soy taco meat (cooked with onion, garlic, cumin, red bell peppers and lemon juice) and black beans
  • A side of baked Brussels sprouts with vegan butter, garlic and lemon pepper
  • Cooked red chard with red onions, garlic, amino acids and lemon juice
  • Bret's famous guacamole he only knows how to make :)
After dinner we watched Prometheus. We started it on Saturday and each night we watched a few minutes and tonight we finally finished it!

Bret had said that I'd find it to be scary, but no, it wasn't scary. It actually was very thought provoking!!! After the movie I just kept thinking about it and I told him, "Okay, now I want to be an astronomer so I can find out the truth!" (Of course I was kidding :)

He replied,"First things first, babe. Don't forget your WIGs!" (A WIG is a Widely Important Goal.)

So I am just about ready to go to bed....I am so tired! Earlier today I was cool, but right now I am already feeling the soreness in my legs (today was heavy leg day!) Geez, today was the first day of the week I workout and I already feel this way. I have 4 more days of hard-core training, I really hope I can finish it!

Good night....

Bea



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your dinner looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, Last night's dinner was that good! I actually didn't finish eating all the salad and some chard, I was so full already; but I had the left overs tonight :)

    ReplyDelete