Friday, October 12, 2012

Almost Finishing Week 2 of LiveFit Trainer

LiveFitI am finishing Week 2 of the LiveFit Trainer. Today, I did Day 10 workout, which was LEGS! I am not following the trainer day by day; I get my workouts in depending on how my body is feeling and what I have going on in my life. I'm just reporting on my progress ;-)

This muscle building and endurance phase does not incorporate cardio for 4 weeks! When I was contemplating starting the program I was like, "What?? No cardio??!!" I didn't know how I was going to do it. I thought I would just go crazy not getting my cardio in, but I decided to trust Jamie...I have not done cardio for 2 weeks now! Have I gone crazy? Surprisingly not! I actually like it! :D I guess my (low-impact) cardio really is walking to the gym and walking back home, which takes less than 30 minutes in total.

During Phase 1, the formula I've been using is...
formula

Since I consider myself a more advanced trainer, sometimes I feel like doing 4 sets, but I limit myself to just doing 3 sets. If in the middle of my set I realize that the weight is light enough, I'll do up to 15 reps. And if I have plenty of energy, usually in the beginning of my workout, I rest between 45 to 60 seconds.

For legs today, I actually went heavier (about 5-15 lbs.) than I did last week, but rested about 60 seconds. I also did 1 warm-up set (15 light reps) and 3 working sets of 12 heavy reps. Because I went heavier, I struggled completing my last 2 to 3 reps each set.

To get me through the last reps of my sets, I focus on one particular spot at the gym and I focus on each breath I take in and out. Listening to music helps me focus on each move, too! Rage Against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, U2 and the Smashing Pumpking really pump me up each time!!!

Tomorrow I compete the last workout (shoulders and abs) of week 2. I'll take some progress pictures on Sunday morning to see if there is any change to my body...Hopefully the workouts have done in the past 2 weeks have challenged my body enough for me to see a difference, well see on Sunday. Last week I my body was super-sore all 4 days I worked out! Wow, I was hurting, especially,my upper body! I needed to kick my butt a little and I did! I definitely was lifting heavier, had stricter form during reps and put my mind into each muscle I was working each time.

I kinda think there won't be a noticeable difference from 2 weeks ago because my diet has been pretty much the same as before. I really haven't changed it or improved as I wanted to...They say that 85% of results are about nutrition. I have a green smoothie everyday, fruits, veggies, seeds and grains as well. I said that I would limit or cut out all processed foods, but to be honest, I have not.

I don't want to put myself through a "diet" regimen. I am not training for a show nor am I doing to extremes in terms of my eating. If and when I tell myself, "I won't have this or that", that is when I crave it the most! It's interesting how our brain works, so I'm not putting any restrictions.

Lately we've been having tacos for dinner ;)

Anyway, I am doing the best I can when it comes to my food. I still enjoy eating out, but no as frequently though, and I love eating corn tortillas, Ezekiel bread, peanut butter and drinking soy milk...Oops. I know though, little by little I will stop drinking soy milk and eating peanut butter right out of the jar. I am not worried about that now. 

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment