Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bea's Workout of the Day (B's WOD)

This was my workout for today Wednesday, September 19th, 2012:

Warm-up: 
-6 minute walk and jog 
-30 tricep dips on bench

Biceps and Triceps:
(30 seconds rest in between sets)
  • 3 sets - Twenty-one's (bicep curls with 30 lbs. barbell)
  • Unassisted dips 3 X 8 
  •  Bicep Curls  3 X 15 (15 lbs. dumbbells on each hand). The 20 lbs. dumbbells were being used by other people so I had so use the 15 pounders with  slower  and controlled curls.
    • 15 bench curls on incline bench 
    • 15 standing alternating bicep curls
    • 15 hammer curls
  • 12 reps Triceps Pull-Downs(24 lbs.)
  • 12 reps Reverse Grip Triceps Pull-Downs (12lbs. to 24 lbs.)
  • 12 Cable Rope Overhead Extensions (24 lbs.)
Abs:
  • 3 sets - 10 leg lifts + 10 knee raises holding for 3 seconds at the top (20 seconds rest in between sets) 
  • 3 sets of the following back to back exercises for abs and obliques (rest 45 seconds in between):
    •  15 V-ups (these were hard! I am working on increasing my strength to the pint where I can do them perfectly)
    • 15 Russian twists on each side with 10lbs. medicine ball
    • 15 Bicycle crunches
    • 15 Tuck crunches 
    • 15 Toe touches
Cardio
  •  Warm up: 3 minutes walk/ jog
  • 10 minutes - 30 seconds sprints (1.0 incline); 30 seconds jump oss the treadmill and march in place
  • 5 minutes - 5.5 mph jog
  • 5 minutes - 3.8 - 4.5 mph (15.0 incline walk) alternating between holfing and not holding the handles
  • 5 minutes 6.0 mph jog
  • 4 minutes cool down 
Streching:  
  • 5 minutes while listening to The Cranberries "Dreams" and "Ode to my Family
 I loved my workout! It was about 1 hour and 15 minutes long. By the end I was drenched and my hair was all over the place and  I felt so happy! Working out hard and consistently gives me a great feeling of accomplishment, strength, energy and stamina for the whole day, me encanta!

Love,

BeaFit

No comments:

Post a Comment