Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy 31st Birthday to Me!

Today I woke up at the sound of my home phone ringing.

I knew that it was my  mom and dad calling and a smile came to my face. I answered the phone and sure enough, it was my mom calling to say "Feliz Cumplea~nos, mija." She gave me some loving birthday wishes and played a birthday song from Las Jigerillas. The song was so beautiful and I smiled all throughout. I felt that my mother really meant each word in the song. My dad also spoke to me and wished me the best. I thnaked them both for givign me life and raising me.

Then I went backt o bed and Bret was semi-awake. He sang to me Las Ma~nanitas "...despierta mi amor despierta, mira que ya amanecio..." He is just so sweet, each year, he improved singing the song. he knows how to sing it perfectly now.

As we lied in bed I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm 31 now. 30 years old was a roller coaster - I had mostly ups though and towards the end I saw downs....But I am getting back up and I'm going to have ups!"

I was trying to quickly trying to make a list of all the things that I wanna do but it was too much. I told Bret that last night after finishing my work I started researching my condition and when I read and looked at pictures I freaked out and went to bed. I felt horrible and felt my life would change...It's scary, but I will make the best out of it.

My condition only motivates me now to be the best I can be. I want to do what I never really felt ready to do - because I am scared. I am scared to commit to something. So this is what I'm going to do:

  1. I am going be the best doctoral applicant I can be. I am going to be assertive and I'm going to follow it through. No more screwing around, I'm ready to commit. I am going to get a nice job with the Latino community, improve my writing and reading skills, and seek to publish. I'm also going to STUDY hard and consistently to improve my GRE scores. In the fall of 2013, I''m applying to 5 or 6 doctoral programs in public health. I am ready for my dream career!
  2. I am going to get in the best health and fitness of my life. I am ready to take my nutrition and fitness to the next level. I've always admired a Figure physique and now I want to pursue attaining one. I want to train for a figure figure and I will seek a vegan coach for that. Though I don't feel 100% sure of this (because I'm still scared) I am just going to do it. I can't control what is going on with my brain (in terms of my seizures and condition), but I can control my thoughts, be disciplined and I am going to pursue a Figure physique, because I CAN do this.
  3. I am going to be sweetest, most loving, understanding person I can be. I will be the most loving, sweetest, kindest and supporting wife I can be. I will be a loving daughter, sister, aunt, friend and person. I will treat everyone with the unique kindness they deserve no matter what. This will only make me a stronger person at heart. 
These are just some of my ideas...Now I'm off to get my nails done at the salon! Later, I will have friends and family join me at our apartment for a vegan/vegetarian birthday potluck! Happy 31st birthday to me! 

Health, Joy, Peace and Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment