Monday, June 11, 2012

Prioritize, focus and execute! Beliveing in myself...

I've heard that affirmations are powerful. I've read books and quotes that say that if you set your mind to it, you can do it! I believe this is true. Physically (working out, stretching, doing headstands), I have tried this, although I know my limitations and still struggle with knowing what I can and I cannot do. This is always the life challenge.

It's been a short while, however, I have not faced overwhelming situations where my mind faces challenges that scare me...For instance, there was a point in my life when I had to study for tests, write papers, presentations, fill out applications, etc. and the mental challenge was there. Dieting for a competition and planning ahead also was a mental challenge, but for the most part I handled that well by affirming myself each day I could do it.

These past few days I've loaded many responsibilities on myself that I feel a little overwhelmed mentally. But see, these are things that I love, I do them with passion, what a blessing! I set myself to do these things (like having 2 part-time jobs and finishing my thesis) because I know they are good, challenging and worth it! Right now is a little bit tough because my wedding is so close! I am beginning to feel bad that I am not dedicating as much time to the details...

I'd like to spend more time and get excited about planning my wedding day, but I am limited on time. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic for my wedding! I look forward to being officially married to the love of my life! It will be so beautiful at Yosemite National Park with our families! Dance our first song together, be in love and mmm, eat our vegan dinner and cake! Then we're off to Italy for our honeymoon and Bret and I will be even more in love!

Right now, however, is crunch time for me. I need to focus as much as possible and be at my best so that I can do everything on my list. My mind needs to be crisp, clear and focused on what I do at each moment. Juggling many things at once are the hard times in life when we think we can't do them, when we get afraid and begin to doubt ourselves. I don't want that for me. I believe in myself and I know I can get it done. It's a matter of focusing, prioritization and execution.

To keep my mind an body running efficiently, I am still working out 1 hour a day, 6 times a week and eating right. Since the competition, I've allowed some flexibility in my diet, but I keep in mind that my next health and fitness goal is my wedding. I want to look great in that gown and sport great shoulders, chest and back that I love so much!

We are defined on how well we react to/act on situations that are challenging, how well we deal with them during difficult times. I know that this time right now is an opportunity for me to grow in character.

My affirmations include, "I can do it. You can do it, Bea. Don't listen to the voice inside you (saying you cannot). Yes, you can!" See, I don't say, "I can't wait for my wedding!" The trust is - I can wait because I know hat day will get here. I need to remind myself to focus today and don't' worry about the future because if I do I am not living in the moment and that is a waste of life. It's not about the destination, as they say. It's the journey.

This is my journey, I am doing my best to enjoy each and every single day live. I tell myself that each day is precious, unique in it's own way and that each day counts. To make it count, I will be as productive as possible and have balance and harmony from the inside out.

I can do it. Plan, focus and execute, Bea! Tu puedes!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment