Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sticking to my master plan for my 2nd contest!

Okay, I really want to compete again in the Fitness America's Bikini Show on September 24th. I have been training and dieting for it for the past 2 weeks. I know that a challenging journey lies ahead of me and sticking to the master plan (be contest-ready) will not be easy -- but I will make sure I have fun during the process! So I am not a strict dieter and that is okay. I want to eat well and manipulate my macro-nutrients, but also allow myself to eat. My goal is to be in the best health, fitness and shape ever, not win the competition. I am again, competing against myself. I seek to win mastery over my own self (mind and body)! :)

The past couple of days have been a little tough for me because I am beginning to fall of the wagon by eating out of my meal plan (eating more fats and more carbs, that is, fruit). This contest-prep, I am eating fruit minimally because I am trying to keep my sugar intake low. Some fruit, however, does not contain a lot of sugar, but by eating too much of it, I will be eating more sugar than I need to help me see the results I desire. I currently am eating 1 banana a day and berries -- and once in a while I'll eat another type of fruit (like watermelon, oranges or peaches :). I feel I am beginning to lose a little focus because I am beginning to get thoughts about sweets and other craving at random times. Having peanut butter at home I run the risk of eating more than my allowed serving; I best be careful! I can eat right out of the jar! LOL

So, I am going to reset again tomorrow...Yeah, tomorrow...We have a concert tonight at 5pm and we will eat there. They say that there will be vegan and vegetarian food, so we will see. This meal will be my reward/treat/cheat.  I am going to journal on here what I eat on a daily basis so I can keep accountable to you and stick to my diet.

Meal 1: 6:15am 
Peach-blueberry-banana-protein pancakes with syrup

Meal 2: 9:30am
4 egg whites (some egg yolk);
2 cups of grilled veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, green bell pepper and 20 spinach leaves)

Meal 3: 12:20pm
Chicken-less chicken with grilled asparagus and onions;
1 cup grilled veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, green bell pepper)

Meal 4: 2:20pm
2 celery stalks and peanut butter (right out of the jar! I don't know how much I ate, but not too much...)

Meal 5: 4:15pm
Small salad (spinach and lettuce leaves, cucumbers, tomatoes, purple cabbage, 10 almonds) and red wine vinegar and lemon pepper for dressing
1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz. water

Meal 6: 6:30pm
Eating with Bret at the LA Coliseum. I hope they have healthy options!!!


We  actually ended up eating vegetarian burritos: flour tortilla, black beans, cilatro lime rice and grilled bell peppers. It was so good and (temperature) hot! I ate mine with super-hot sauce to rev up my metabolism for a few minutes! :)








Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment