Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013


Bret and I don't really celebrate Valnetine's Day for a number of reasons. We think it's too commercialized and so materialistic. We are not like that. We don't really shop for new things, have too many possessions or feel the need to go to a "fancy" restaurant on this day. (Besides, everyone is out and everyone is so stressed, including the waiters--sad to say.)

We believe that love should be showed every day, not just on February 14th so V-day is nothing but a normal loving day for both of us. Still, on V-day at 11am, I called Bret to tell him how much I love him, how fortunate I am to be in his life, and to wish him " a Happy Valentine's Day! I can't wait to see you tonight!" ;)

Yesterday when he got home from work, he gave me this gift -- which really surprised me because flowers and love letters are always nice to receive


We had nothing planned in particular for V-day, we just did what we normally do on a Thursday night -- cook together, eat dinner and then Bret is off to his 7:15pm film class (at Loyola Marymount University).

For dinner we had potato oven-baked tacos, guacamole and salad. I wanted the tacos to come out crispy, but they since I added slices tomatoes and onions on top, they become soft, more like enchiladas. ;)  They were so good!
 
I baked 3 medium sized potatoes; threw them in the Vitamix, added a little bit of water, 1/2 small onion and added some salt (like my mom suggested I do ;)

That night after dinner, I went to LMU with Bret. He went to class and I headed to the library. I sat in a comfy chair facing the fireplace and I read/scanned through a few for 3 hours. My brain loved it!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment