Saturday, February 16, 2013

Meal and Workout Journal for Saturday 2/16


Here is my Meal and Workout Journal for today:

9am - 1 cup cooked oatmeal; 1 1/2 total cups of rice and soy milks, 1 medium red delicious apple, chopped; 1 tablesppon of flaxseeds and generously sprinkgled powedered cinnamon. 2 cups of yerba mate-green tea.

11:30am - Medium banana

Bret and I do our grocery shopping on Saturday mornings and this is how it went and what I ate...

12pm - At Whole Foods Market (WFM), we had a fig bar and a few pistachio nuts (samples). We also shared a bowl of plant-strong food from the WFM kitchen (cole slaw with dried berries; brown rice with kale and tofu; kale and garlic salad; sweet potato pecans and coconut milk) - it was delicious! We got it for only $5!

At Trader Joe'sI just had a rice cracker sample. 

1:45pm - Green drink sample at Sprouts (store). Afterwards I drank a cup of cold green tea and then Bret an I shared a medium banana (pre-workout).

2:30pm to 4pm - Bret and I worked out on chest and abs. We only did 20 minutes of cardio at the end though. I started jogging for 4 minutes, sprints for 13 minutes (30 seconds speed, 30 seconds rest) and 3 minutes jogging, then 2 minutes cool down.

Here is our workout: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-45.html
Jamie Eason's Livefit Trainer — Phase 2, Day 45


 4:30pm - I had a green protein  smoothie and Bret had a banana and mango protein smothie.

For dinner we had home-made falafel, humus and tabuli; and (store bought) pita bread. I also made Tuscan Kale and White Bean Soup I found at: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/vegetarian-tuscan-kale-and-white-bean-soup

Falafel mix

Sauteed onion and garlic

Used 1 box of vegetable broth for the soup

After adding the broth to the cooked onion and garlic, we added the veggies (chopped fresh kale, tomatoes and carrots).

Trying to make falafel balls ;)

Yes, we fried them...It was our first time making these and now I know hot to make them next time without frying them!


Dinner is served!

Bret's tabuli salad!

Bret also made the garlic hummus! Mmm, it turned out so good!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment