Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today: Short Workout, but Intense!

I only had a few minutes to get my workout in this morning, so I did the best I could. I went heavy, included plyos in between sets and short rest periods for a blasting workout! I think it was almost as intense/ calorie burning as a regulaar 1 hour session!

During this workout I was drenched after 15 minutes! I was sweating so much, I kep wiping sweat off my face. My heart was beating so fast that I felt like I had ran sprints! It was so awesome! Here is my 36 minute workout session:

  • Warm-up: 6 minutes (running in place, jump rope, plyos)
  • Waking Lunges  (rested 30-40 seconds in between sets)
    • 50 lbs. barbell - 3x12 steps (each leg) 
  • One-legged Squats on Smith Machine (rested 30-40 seconds in between sets)
    • 50 lbs. 3X12 (each leg)
    • Squat position jumps, legs in and out for - 20
    • Squat position for 10 seconds
  •  One-legged Lunges on Smith Machine(rested 30-40 seconds in between sets)
    • 70 lbs. 3X12 (each leg)
    • Alternating box jumps - 20 jumps per leg
    • Squat position for 10 seconds
  • Deadlifts (rested 30-40 seconds in between sets)
    • 70 lbs. barbell - 3x10 
    •  Side to side box jumps - 20 jumps per leg
    • Squat position for 10 seconds 
My legs are sore right now, especially my butt and I am so sleepy. I'm going to drink my gltamine caps, wash my face and teeth and go to bed and set my alarm clock for 7-7 1/2 hours for my body to recuperate!...I'm exhausted! Good night.

Health, Joy, Peace & Love , (<------ new signature ;-)

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment