Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So instead of talking about it, I'm doing something about it!

The Countdown to my wedding continues...12 days to go!

It feels like I've been waiting for this day my whole life....It feels like it will never get here, but I know it will and I'm being patient. I find it hard to describe how I feel, but I am loving it :D
 
I always told myself that working out and eating right was key and by the time I got married (on my wedding day) I would look so good and be in the best shape of my life!

I believe that nutrition/diet is the most important thing for health,  but it has to be coupled with fitness. I have to admit, though, that I have not been diligent with my workouts...

By my last competition (May 26, 2012) I was in the best shape of my life...Afterwards, I went easy on myself. Preparing for a show is a difficult thing to do and so taking a break off the rigorous routine is healthy on the body so it can recuperate form all the stress. I had been training hard since January 2012!

Being consistent in nutrition and training has given me the body I now have. But since my last show, I have not been diligent as before. I've been enjoying food (more calories) and taking an extra day off from the gym every week or 2 weeks (working out 5 days a week, as opposed to 6 days a week). As a result, I've regained some body fat. I had lower body fat on  competition day (check out the 6/10 blog http://skinnybea.blogspot.com/2012/06/body-composition-results.html), and now but I am sure that number has increased. I probably have lost some muscle mass too :(
 
 Well, my Big Day is almost here, 12 days away, and I don't feel at my best :( That's sad to say...Although I am content with my body, I am not staying true to my philosophy of "being at my best shape" on my wedding day. So instead of talking about it, I'm doing something about it

These next 12 days, I am bumping it up -- hard core! Back to competition training! :D I miss training hard and I decided to work my butt off. I KNOW that sounds bad. I am not trying to kill myself, I just love training hard and saying "working my butt off" is just a figure of speech. I love my body and that is why I want to work it out.Not only do I get excellent results, I feel so good doing it!It's the endorphins! Training  hard also allows me to be and stay focused, being in the present and feeling in touch with my body. It's good for my muscles, heart, bones, brain and everything -- it's amazing! 

So this morning I'm working legs and doing HIIT cardio for fat burn!  I'll let you knwo how it goes!


Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment