Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1st, 2013 Food Diary

Happy New Year! I am so excited to live my life to the fullest in 2013!

Breakfast - 9:15am

  • 1/2 cup dry oatmeal (1 cup cooked) 
  • 1 cup thawed mixed berries
  • 1 cup rice milk (home made)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 scoop raw protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon flax seeds (added at the very end)
Pre-workout snack - 12:00pm
  • One medium banana  
Post-workout - 2:00pm  
  • 3 cups of green smoothie + protein powder
Lunch - 4pm
  • 2 medium baked potatoes with salsa Tapatio
Dinner at my parents' house - 7pm
  •  Frijoles de olla (pinto beans)
  • Nopalitos with cilantro and onion
  • Bret's guacamole
  • 3 corn tortillas, a little piece of bolillo
  • 2 cups of ponche (Mexican fruit punch) including a lot of the fruit
After dinner I was so stuffed! I think the fruit of the ponche filled me up as well as all the fiber I ate (frijoles, nopales and avocado-- surprisingly, avocados are high in fiber!) Because I am so used to eating dessert after dinner my sweet tooth told me to eat some Mexican bread and I said NO because I remembered my 21 Sweet-Free Day promise. Then my mom told me to grab a piece of pumpkin pie my sister-in-law Oneyda made...I was tempted. I love pie, especially the crust! But I remembered my promise again and I said, "Gracias, mami" but did not intent to eat any....

So here you go, that is all that I ate yesterday. This year I intend to make better choices than what I did last year. This year I will eat what I want to eat and think before I eat with my eyes. I am so proud of myself for not eating bread or pie. I know little by little I will conquer this and sooner than I realize I will be closer to mindful eating.

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment