Monday, January 21, 2013

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day


 
 Today President Barak Obama was sworn into his second term. As I was watching the Inauguration, I wasn't sure how to feel...On the one hand I am so proud that this country has elected the first African American President and I know Obama has done some great things in his first term, but they are not perfect and not complete. We still have a war going on overseas and there are still millions of Americans: poor, immigrants, women and homosexuals are left out in many, many ways. I don't think the President is living up to MLK's dream completely....If Dr. MLK were alive today I wonder how he would feel about Obama's presidency...


I will continue doing my best as an individual and live with conscience and love. I will also join forces with the masses who seek justice and equality in this country.


Here are some of my favorite quotes by Dr. Martin Luther King:


 






 
 






Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment