Here are the products I regularly use to keep my skin healthy and moist during the winter:
- Each morning I wash face with luke-warm water, put on natural toner and wear moisturizer: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Face-wash; Earth Science Aloe Vera Complexion Toner and Freshener; and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer.
- Instead of lotion I use organic coconut oil all over my body. I love to see how my skin glistens and before I dress I have to be brave enough to completely dry otherwise it will stain my clothes. I gotta keep on moving to stay warm! :-O
- I always keep hand lotion handy - my hands get ultra dry! This is the lotion I have now. I always opt for a fragrance-free and natural hand lotion.
- I have noticed that children and teens have very healthy and moist lips; as we age our lips easily crack, lose their suppleness and plumpness :( I love the feeling when my lips are healthy and moist and always make sure they are coated with lip-balm. I use Burt's Bees Beeswax natural lip-balm. I also put it on before hitting the sheets to nurture my lips during my beauty sleep ;)
- As you can tell my skin tends to be super-dry! Even my feet get super-dry during non-winter days! Often I lather a generous dollop of petroleum jelly all over my feet, wear socks and I'm good to go! I do this before I hot the gym and sometimes before going to bed. When I take off my socks after a couple of hours I say hello to softer feet :)
- Washing dishes on not my favorite chore. Bret and I have comprised he will do the washing mostly and I will do the drying and putting away the dishes :) But if/when I do, afterwards I always spread vitamin E (almond) oil on my hands and nails. I also do this before I go to bed! I've read that vitamin E oil helps my skin stay moisturized, and reduce the development of wrinkles in the hands.
- Also before going to bed and after washing my face I wear just a little bit toner (home-made apple cider vinegar) on my face. To make your own ACV toner, use 1 part ACV and 3-4 parts water; shake bottle well each time and apply.
- Of course, I always drink lots of water to stay hydrated. As soon a s I wake up I drink 2 cups of warm water and fresh squeezed juice from 1/4 lemon and I drink herbal tea throughout the day to keep me hydrated and warm :)
- I am so aware that healthy skin radiates more beautifully when I eat right. My diet consists of hydrating and alkalizing (opposite of acidity) foods that provide nutritious and health benefits. Fruits and vegetables are incredibly hydrating-- basically they are water with tons of vitamins, mineral and nutrients and are loaded with fiber! Healthy skin start from the inside out.
- Exercising for 60 minutes 5-6 times a week is part of my living a healthy lifestyle! Working out makes me feel so happy and gets me in tune with my body. I have come to appreciate each cell in my body and how my body functions.
(Oh, by the way, I like to use soaps that are not scented and natural. Right now I am using Trader Joe's Oatmeal and Honey soap, it feels so pure and it's non-drying-- I like it a lot!)
- drinking plenty of water
- eating healthy, wholesome food (kick processed, acidic, junk-food out!)
- exercising for a rosy glow
- getting sufficient sleep
- be happy, smile and keep a sport a great attitude!