Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thoughts on sweet, sweet stuff!

I would love to eat cookies: chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter, and sugar cookies! But I won't.

I would love to eat right out of the jar of peanut or almond butter and finish it; but I don't have it at home.

I would love to eat 3-5 bowls of cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Lucky Charms, Strawberry Special , Honey Bunches of Oats) with soy or almond milk -- but I never buy cereal anymore because I always finish the box in one sitting....

I would love to eat a grilled cheese sandwich, pastries, and more desserts....But I think of my health and fitness goals and eating all of the above would just make me so sad, angry, guilty, and disappointing in myself -- not to mention, eating like that would just push me so far from my goals. A few moments of indulgence would taste good to my palate, but not to my body. My mind must control those cravings that would take me nowhere and just make me weaker and give in to temptation and self-gratification.

I am trying to prepare for my contest, and it is not easy....All I can do is try. I don't keep anything sweet at home and I don't buy junk or processed food. I have learned to stay away.  Although I still crave it, when I see those things in front of me I think of how fattening they are and how thirsty they will make me feel. I also think of how it will feel in my mouth, so greasy and soft...and how uncomfortable my stomach will feel....It is not worth it. I'd rather stick to my basics: fruits, veggies, spinach, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, soy protein, egg whites, soy milk, almonds, and peanut butter (1-2 tbsp per serving ONLY). These for sure will not make me feel bad :) Stick to it, Bea! One day at a time! I am 12 days from turning 30 and I will make the most of every single day!

Tomorrow will be another day and I chose to be better than today. Believe in yourself! Sweet dreams :)

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment