Saturday, May 28, 2011

Competition day is here!!! :-O

It's funny to think back that 5 months ago I made the decision to compete. I am here today typing this and knowing that I have worked hard. I have prepared for this day to be in the best shape of my life!

So the day has arrived. I am ready to do this. I have been cutting down my water little by little. I drank 1 gallon on Wednesday, 3/4 gallon on Thursday, 1/2 gallon yesterday, and today I will drink about 4 cups of water -- or less....I have never done this! I also started taking a diuretic on Wednesday. I haven't been peeing much, but my feet and hands get sweaty at times. I also feel hot and sweat. I have seen some ab definition that I am liking a lot! Today I am eating carbohydrates as my meals, every three hours:
6:45am; 1/3 cup cream of wheat, water, 1 cup soy milk, 1/2 banana, 1tbs. flaxseed, 1/2 scoop whey protein
9:45am; 1/3 cup cream of wheat, water, 1 cup soy milk, 1/2 banana,
12:15pm; 2 rice cakes, 15 almonds
2:45pm; 2 rice cakes, 1 tbsp. almond butter
5:15pm- 3/4 cup yams; 1 tbs.almond butter
7:30pm - dried fruit

 I have my outfits ready, including the jewelry and shoes. Now I have to go buy my rice cakes and hairspray :)

When I was 24 -- about 5 years ago, I said to myself, "I want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I am 25. Boy, I had a lot to learn! I had to go through a crazy roller coaster for the next 5 years to get to this point.

Before I hit 30, I am in the best shape of my life, will have competed in my first bikini show and I have learned about myself more than I ever have. It took so much work, effort, sacrifice, commitment, self-awareness, motivation, inspiration, belief in myself, perseverance, consistency and more to get to this point.

I am proud of who I am what I have achieved. I am proud of where I come from, who I come from a and where I am going. This is only a stepping stone to become the woman I am meant to become. This journey has taken me to places I have never before.

Let's see how it goes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment