Tuesday, May 1, 2012

24 days out from my 3rd bikini competition and I am stoked!

Wow, I am 24 days and a few hours out from show time! Little by little I am getting things together. I ordered my bikini this past Saturday! It'll be in my doorstep by this Friday! Yay! I can't wait to try it on! I've been practicing my walking and posing on my 5" clear heels.

I contacted a raw vegan bikini competitor (!) -- my friend on Facebook, who I now call my coach :) Sofia is helping me with my nutrition for these next 3 weeks and is also providing specific workouts to focus on my areas that need a little bit more work to be bikini stage ready! This is her picture, this is what a raw vegan bikini competitor looks like from the back side!


At this point I have already have what I have. I don't think I'll gain any more muscle, where? anyway. At this point the goal is to be extra careful with my food making sure I minimize sodium and sugar as much as possible so that slowly I lose body water and my abs pop on the stage.

The most challenging for me right now is making sure that I am keeping balance in my life: body, mind, heart and spirit.
  • For the body, I gotta eat well and not eat any cheat meals, no matter how "healthy" they seem. I am down to 1 fruit a day, and my choice is a medium-sized banana: 1/2 at breakfast and 1/2 post work-out. Bananas are so delicious! I so look forward for my breakfast tomorrow morning! :) I gotta stay disciplined and plan-out my meals and pack them in advance.
  • For the mind, I need to get on task and continue working on my thesis. I need to move forward on that baby. I need to read tons of articles (books for fun too!), write, plan, and organize. I also need to make sure that I get my 7 hours of sleep a night, yes, that means penciling sleep on my calendar and following through.
  • For the heart, my relationships with my loved ones. I cannot neglect these special bonds I have with my family, including Bret. They are my greatest source of support and love. Each time with them is an opportunity to enhance and strengthen our relations. One skill I am working hard at is becoming an empathic listener, and that is hard.
  • For the spirit, I engage myself in causes I believe in and I am outspoken about it. Recently I've been working more around single payer health care with various groups and I enjoy it so much. Also, my veganism is my activism and my contribution to this world by reducing my carbon footprint.
It's all about balance, keeping a good attitude and enjoying the journey! Every day is a blessing and every day I move forward. Si puedo, si me lo propongo - y me lo propongo! (I can do it if I intend to and I intend to!) Buenas noches!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment