Saturday, April 7, 2012

Traveling and food planning: Be prepared!

This coming week I will be traveling to Washington, D.C. for the National Environmental Justice Conference. You know what that means...I need to plan ahead in terms of my workouts and meals. Most importantly, I need to plan out my meals because I can actually get a workout anywhere, any time.

As a new vegan, I've become really good at identifying food, reading food labels and planning ahead. Also, from past experiences, I've learned so much from traveling, being prepared with having enough food packed and also eating out so I can stick to my SkinnyBea Master Plan.


I wanna say I started my contest-prep for my next show and so I pretty much have my meal plans set. I need to figure out which food I can bring on the plane. I need to pack enough food and depending on my flight time, layovers and arrival in D.C., I need to come up with a plan of what times to eat.


                                                                These are some of my traveling food staples:

  • large and small cooler, ice packs
  • plastic (BPA-free) containers
  • water, enough to drink through out the day 
  • water bottles (I bring my own always)
  • my Yosemite National Park coffee mug (I hate to use paper cups!)
  • Food, organic: 
    • green tea bags
    • oatmeal
    • bananas, apples
    •  broccoli and other veggies
    • nuts
    • protein powder
    • bamboo utensils 
    • cloth napkins
    • stevia, cinnamon
    • vitamins
  •  working out: workout clothes and socks, shoes, jump rope, watch, lifting gloves, ipod, supplements
My other plan is to go to a Whole Foods market and just shop from there because they have tons of options!

It's time for me and Bret to go grocery shopping!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment