Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm 39 days out and going on strong!

Today, I am 39 days out from competition day! That is less than 6 weeks! My training and nutrition are going well, and I need to give it my very best and push myself when I feel weak and remind myself why I am doing this. I see the bigger picture, which is being my healthiest, fittest self through discipline, optimal nutrition and knowing (practicing) stress management. All of this while getting my other life priorities done. It's a challenge, but this is my life and I love it! I have to make the best out of it.

Pushing myself when I feel weak or when I want to give up is learning to be disciplined at reaching my goals. Pushing my body through high physical activity levels it never knew before is amazing -- make s me feel great -- and at the end of the day when I lie down to go to sleep I feel satisfied. Surprisingly, when I'm lying down in bed I can't wait to wake up and do it again the next day!


Recently, I have been reading a lot about raw vegan diets and I have to say that this is the new path I am taking! Most of my diet is raw (lot's of veggies and greens, 3-4 fruits, seeds, some nuts), but I still cook my oatmeal, legumes, rice and pseudograins (quinoa and amaranth). I'm still learning how to eat nutritiously as a vegan and to get the best results to fuel my performance, to give it my best (body, mind, heart and spirit).







Today is going to be great! My leg training (with a focus on hamstrings and glutes) will be awesome. Tough, but awesome! I started my day waking up at 4:35am, then drank 8 oz. of water and took some pictures wearing my bikini :)
Then I had a medium banana, 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1/2 scoop rice protein powder,  1 tbsp. flaxseed, cinnamon and stevia.

Now I'm ready for the gym! :-D

Love,

Bea



P.S. I'll see my beautiful parents this morning! They're arriving from Mexico City and I'll be picking them up at LAX airport later this morning. I've missed them so much and I can't wait to see them. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment