- vegetables (unlimited)
- fruits (3-4 servings)
- whole grains (3-8 servings)
- protein (about 50g - you don't need much)
- healthy fats - don't be afraid of them, they are good for you! (one serving at each meal)
Here is a list I always follow and would advice anyone to follow as well....
- Always eat breakfast.
- Eat more than 5 servings of veggies and fruits.
- Drink water--1/2 your body weight in ounces (Ex. Someone who weighs 135 lbs. should drink [135/2 = 67.5] about 68 oz. of water or a little bit more than 8 glasses of water a day).
- Pack your OWN lunch.
- Sleep 7-9 hours a day.
- Do any form of physical activity as much as possible.
- Have portion control.
- Plan ahead to get all these things done. Have an actual food journal (or any notebook) and write everything down.
My DO NOT DO List:
- Do not eat fast-food. It is loaded with BAD, BAD stuff!!!!
- Do not drink soda or other sweetened beverages. It is loaded with sugar, sugar, sugar!
- Avoid or limit eating processed foods. It's loaded with saturated fat, sugar, simple and refined carbohydrates
- Do not go too many hours without eating. Always have a snack with you. Fruit is perfect.
- Do not eat out more than 2 times a week.