Friday, June 17, 2011

My mind is playing tricks on me

These past 3 weeks I have been eating a variety of foods, vegetables, fruits, salads, nuts, tortillas, whole wheat bread. My old habits are kicking in and my mind is beginning to play games on me....

I feel that since I am not in a contest diet I can eat whatever I want at what ever time I want, ugh! Just this week, I came home at 9am and although I had told myself I would come home and brush my teeth so that I wouldn't eat, I still chose to EAT! I ate 2 rice cakes (one with almond butter and the other with PB)!!! I've also indulged in SWEETS these past 3 weeks!!! I have developed a love for sweets that is beginning to really bother me. I've notices cravings for sweets much more now since I decided to compete. Also, this week at my parents house I ate an entire banana nut muffin from Porto's (http://www.portosbakery.com/content/portos-downey) all by myself. It was probably more than 500 calories. I do not do stuff like that...Why did I do that???

Eating sweet stuff once in a while is okay. Eating every day, or even every other day is NOT -- especially if you eat  too much of it. Sometimes I feel that I have this angel on my right shoulder whispering to me to be good, work hard, eat well, go to bed early....On my left shoulder, I have this little evil devil that tells me to eat,to "eat one more cookie or maybe 2 more", that I am too sore to work out, stay up a little late, be mean and lazy....I have to master my mind so that the devil disappears and my little the angel wins!

I have to re-evaluate myself and why I want to do this. I need to seriously analyze my thought process today. I need to re-set and start again with a new way of thinking and doing things so that I am able to reach my health, fitness and life goals. Come on now -- I'm a psychology major! I read a lot on psychology, human behavior and habit behavior! This should be easy! But knowing, and not doing is really not knowing....So I have to learn and DO IT!

It is amazing how one continues to learn every single day in life. Life is a never ending learning process. I will always be a student learning about ways to live my life better. I am on my way to learning how to master my mind. Here are two quotes:

  • “Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind”

  • “Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind.”
 Today, my fitness and nutrition goals today are:

  • Hit the gym for 1 hour (cardio, 45 minutes; abs)
  • Eat healthy fats during snacks only (post-work out shake, snack 1, snack 2)
  • Eat clean at all meals today (and tomorrow so that I can enjoy eating on Father's Day this Sunday -- but I will just narrow my focus and eat clean TODAY). 
  • If I get too hungry between meals, I will drink 2 cups of water.
  • If I come home late today (after CPR class, go straight to brush my teeth).
I believe that the little steps I take are part of the big picture. I can do it!

Here is my food journal for day:

5:45am Breakfast
Protein pancake (1/4 cup steel cut oats [dry], 3 egg whites, 1/2 banana cut in slices and chocolate sugar-free syrup)

9:15am Post-work out shake
6 oz. water, 4 oz. soy milk, 1/2 scoop whey protein, 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed, 1/ 2 banana, 1/8 cup blueberries

11:15am  Snack 1
1 rice cake with 2 tbsp. almond butter (mmmm, so good!)
1/2 cup soy plain yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 sample small box of Total cereal

 1:45pm Lunch

4:45pm Snack 2

7pm Dinner BRUSH TEETH AFTER DINNER!




Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment