I am not sure where I'll take her, I will let her decide. I know she likes salads and Panera is her favorite, but that is a little far from campus. We'll see...I will have a salad myself :-)
Questions I will ask her:
- How did you get started?
- I over-heard you say you were a fitness instructor, tell me about that!
- How did you learn Spanish?
- Would you consider yourself Latina/ Mexicana?
- Tell me about your sabbatical year in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico?
- What areas in public health are crucial to pursue a PhD on?
- How can I become a stronger applicant for doctoral programs?
- What will happen after I graduate? I will no longer be a RIMI scholar, will there be an expectation that I will continue at CSULB?
- Is there an opportunity for me to continue working with you?
- I have mentee in high school who will be coming to CSULB in the fall. She is very intelligent, dedicated and interested in nutrition and Latinos. Can she work for the USDA program?
- Do you know of any couple counseling center that are free or low-cost?