Sunday, April 3, 2011

54 days from my first bikini competition!

I compete for the first time in a bikini contest on Saturday, May 28th in Brea, CA through Muscle Mania! I have less than 8 weeks of preparation and I am beginning to see my body change!

I decided to compete the night of December 24th, 2010 while lying in bed. I had come home from spending quality time with my family on Noche Buena (Christmans Eve party) and I was stuffed of tamales, chiles rellenos, pan de dulce, desserts and champurrado.Truth is, that there were more of these times than not --  where I over indulged and end up feeling guilty....Then would I work out hard to burn the calories and I tell myself that it would be the last time, but then cycle would start all over again. I don't want that anymore in my life, so I decided to do something about it and sign up for a competition!

I had already been thinking competing because I figured that putting that goal in front of me would finally help me get in the best shape of my life and develop healthy habits that will stay with me all my life. I gotta say that I am loving the journey as I prepare because I am training my brain to focus. Although it is not easy to not eat cookies, pan de dulce, or other sweet stuff, I am learning how to say "no." I am learning how to re-frame my thinking and remember my goals. When I am focused on my fitness goals, it feels that naturally I am becoming focused in other aspects of my life. It is amazing and I am loving it!

This August, I am turning 30.When people ask me how old I am, I actually forget and it takes me a few seconds to realize my biological age and it makes me laugh that I forget. As I get older, I realize that there is only ONE life to live and that I need to maximize every second I am on this earth. Pushing myself to be the best I can everyday is a challenge. A competition will push me out of my comfort zone and let me life on the edge. I am not scared to be on a clean diet. I am not scared to train hard and push my body to limits I never did before. I am not scared to step on that stage next to all those fit and gorgeous girls. I'm gonna compete in 54 days and I will be the best I have ever been!

Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment