Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 things I’ve learned in 2012

Here are 12 things I’ve learned to do better in 2012:

1.    Sleep – Sufficient sleep is crucial for the body to rejuvenate. It's a beauty secret.
2.    Food – Eating mostly plants is essential in order to thrive.  It's a beauty secret.
3.    Exercise – Exercise often; our body was made to move. It's a beauty secret.
4.    Listen – Be an active listener and do not interrupt. If you forget what you were going to say when it's your turn to speak you listened well.
5.    Body language – Body language reveals more than we imagine!
6.    only – Be thankful and appreciate people every day.
7.    Beauty – When you see your inner beauty, you see beauty in everything and everyone!
8.    Speaking up –Now this one is hard to do, but every time I speak up it get's easier and easier to do so. If I see/hear injustice, racist, homo-phobic, anti-immigrant or sexist comments I will speak up. (If Fox "News" is on at the gym I will ask them to turn it off and explain my request. I even admit, "I don't know" something and ask for clarification.) Speaking up takes A LOT of courage and we must not stay silent.
9.    Reading and Writing – It is exercise for the brain. Good books stimulate the brain and expand horizons. Writing doesn't stress me out anymore, it's muscle I enjoy flexing :)
10. Focus - I am still learning to focus. My short-attention span is challenges everything I do. Cut I am closer and closer to mastering my mind.
11.    Actions speak louder than words – Don’t just say you’ll do it, do it. Don't just say "I love you", prove it.
12.    Commitment – Don’t over-commit yourself. Know your limitations and don’t be afraid to say no. In the end saying yes is like saying no to other  priorities. Saying yes to things/people/events that are not going to take you in the direction of your vision is like saying NO to your highest priorities.

These have not been the only 12 things I've learned in 2012 -- there are a whole lot more, but these 12 popped into my mind without hesitation. I am still learning to improve them, however.

It's a journey, not a destination.

 Love,

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment