Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quick and Healthy Meal: Black Bean and Brown Rice Bowl

I came home tonight and I was so tired and hungry. I had to eat fast! I had this for dinner tonight -- a healthy and delicious bean and rice bowl:

1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup black beans and some juice
chopped tomato 
spinach leaves
avocado/guacamole
salt/pepper
vinegar
lemon juice
I added some dried red pepper flakes for extra spice, yum! Cilantro would be perfect in this bowl, but I didn't have it...Next time!  I also added some chia seeds for added healthy fats. This was so delicious! 


I don't know how many calories or fat this has, I don't worry about that. I'm not counting calories. What's important to me is that it is healthy, nutritious, natural and wholesome! :) 

Some health benefits of...
  • brown rice: excellent source of manganese, and a good source of selenium and magnesium.
  • black beans: is an anti-inflammatory food, loaded with fiber and protein, regulates blood sugar, supports digestive tract and has cardiovascular benefits.
Try this. You will LOVE it! Oh yes, add a side of veggies and you'll be good!

Love,

Bea


Sources: 
http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=2#healthbenefits,
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=128 

No comments:

Post a Comment